Spooling a Tatula

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
t-Smalle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Spooling a Tatula

Post by t-Smalle » Sat May 17, 2014 11:37 am

So while at Bass Pro today a person who worked there informed me that when spooling a Tatula not to fill the spool all the way like a normal reel and to only spool it about half way. He said it has to do with the way the line comes off of the spool. Is this correct or has he been misinformed? He said that he was told this by a Daiwa rep. I have my Tatula reels spooled about an 1/8 inch from the top currently.

Thanks,

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Spooling a Tatula

Post by vinnieb729 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:37 pm

If you were supposed to spool the reel half full, they would have made the spool half as deep…If he was serious and has no personal bias, he probably misinterpreted what the rep was trying to get across.

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

My 2cents : if u spool tatula full, i'm sure your line will groove the TWS in days, if you spool half, u can't cast great distance.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

ILure1 wrote:My 2cents : if u spool tatula full, i'm sure your line will groove the TWS in days, if you spool half, u can't cast great distance.
Mine have been full since the week they were released. I haven't had a single grooving issue.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun May 18, 2014 8:52 pm

ILure1 wrote:My 2cents : if u spool tatula full, i'm sure your line will groove the TWS in days, if you spool half, u can't cast great distance.
Sorry man, but thats just ridiculous.

I have used the crap out of my tatula for months now, and have always had the line spooled all the way or even a bit overflowed. NO grooves at all.

There is no actual proof of grooving thus far. Just some "new members" posting shady pictures..

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Afrayedknot wrote:
Sorry man, but thats just ridiculous.

I have used the crap out of my tatula for months now, and have always had the line spooled all the way or even a bit overflowed. NO grooves at all.

There is no actual proof of grooving thus far. Just some "new members" posting shady pictures..
ridiculous, i used the tatula for a 3 days fish trip and got 3 grooves with 8Lb Seaguar Red Label Fluorocarbon Line, i don't over spool my tatula.... very ridiculous, am i the only one who had this problem ?

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun May 18, 2014 11:37 pm

I apologize ILure1. I didn't realize you had personal experience with the grooving.

Have you contacted Daiwa about it? It is odd that daiwa claims to not have any tatulas sent back even though people on here say they have sent reels to them.

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Afrayedknot wrote:I apologize ILure1. I didn't realize you had personal experience with the grooving.

Have you contacted Daiwa about it? It is odd that daiwa claims to not have any tatulas sent back even though people on here say they have sent reels to them.
I don't think send the tatula back to daiwa can do anything good, they can replace the TWS with a new one, i'm afraid the TWS will got grooves again, then what ? send them back to daiwa again ? Wonder if daiwa going to replace the TWS with harder steel..Some one told me the JDM tatula's TWS had same problem with Titanium coating. :!:

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

BTW,i know Tatula is a cheap product from daiwa, but i don't expect tatula a disposable products. [-X
Got grooves at TWS, then the TWS keep damage my fishing line, since when japan brand equal crap sh*t?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon May 19, 2014 3:24 pm

ILure1 wrote:BTW,i know Tatula is a cheap product from daiwa, but i don't expect tatula a disposable products. [-X
Got grooves at TWS, then the TWS keep damage my fishing line, since when japan brand equal crap sh*t?
You had this problem 2 months back and you didn't bother sending your reel in for repair/replacement,strange :-k
Just to clear things up,is this your reel or your 'friends' reel that had problems?
Your original post ,
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... 35#p449135
"It's not mine, i received my tatule type R today. Should i put line under the metal bar when i use it ? can you show me an example ? tatula is my first casting reel"

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon May 19, 2014 8:50 pm

LOL, Ilure if you want to make a change, you have to go to Daiwa.. Daiwa still has not reported any cases of this grooving which says that either they are BS'ing us, or people are lying, or no one has sent theirs in.
Good grief

FrankW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FrankW » Mon May 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi ILure1,

If you have a reel that was grooved in three days how about some pictures of the damage? I would finally like to see some real damage instead of the fake pictures posted so far.

Frank

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 am

Afrayedknot wrote:LOL, Ilure if you want to make a change, you have to go to Daiwa.. Daiwa still has not reported any cases of this grooving which says that either they are BS'ing us, or people are lying, or no one has sent theirs in.
Good grief
I bought tatula after i saw a user name daiwa said same thing like u did, damn , the user daiwa is a lier :evil:

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:34 am

FrankW wrote:Hi ILure1,

If you have a reel that was grooved in three days how about some pictures of the damage? I would finally like to see some real damage instead of the fake pictures posted so far.

Frank
Hi, frank, how much do u got paid per post for lie :^o ? If u had a life, go ask some friends who use tatula, ask if their tatula had groove problem, and see real damage :^o :^o :^o

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 am

africanbass wrote:
ILure1 wrote:BTW,i know Tatula is a cheap product from daiwa, but i don't expect tatula a disposable products. [-X
You had this problem 2 months back and you didn't bother sending your reel in for repair/replacement,strange :-k
Just to clear things up,is this your reel or your 'friends' reel that had problems?
Your original post ,
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... 35#p449135
"It's not mine, i received my tatule type R today. Should i put line under the metal bar when i use it ? can you show me an example ? tatula is my first casting reel"
I bought this crap 2 months ago...never had time for fishing