Daiwa Certate 2506 Hi Speed-Bail Operation

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Tweak
Angler
Angler

Daiwa Certate 2506 Hi Speed-Bail Operation

Post by Tweak » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:53 am

I have the above mentioned reel and the bail operates perfectly when manually closed. But if I rely on the reels mechanism to close it by turning the handle it occasionally jams. It happens most when the line roller is close to the position where the cam triggers the bail to close. If the reel has not been "spun" by that point, it jams. I have asked the retailer about it and they have informed me the bail is not designed to be closed this way. It may have a mechanism, but it is not recommended to be used this way. I know closing the bail manually is best, and I generally try and do so. But I am having a hard time buying the reel is not designed to work that way aspect. I have a number of nice reels from Daiwa and Shimano and none have this reels tendency to jam. I would appreciate some opinions.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Certate 2506 Hi Speed-Bail Operation

Post by Daiwa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 am

What tends to cause that is opening the bail next to where the trip lever is located. It takes more force to close the bail at this point because you have not built up momentum for the bail to trip. The best way to describe this is when going over a speed bump, if you stop at the base of the bump it takes more acceleration to get over that bump then when the car is already moving.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:14 am

It's a built in reminder to tell you to stop closing the bail with the reel handle! :lol:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:39 am

Tim Kelly wrote:It's a built in reminder to tell you to stop closing the bail with the reel handle! :lol:
Probably best thing to teach new anglers to prevent spin loops!