Daiwa exceler trigger exc601mfb action is not fast

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Filipe Vidal
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa exceler trigger exc601mfb action is not fast

Post by Filipe Vidal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:33 am

Guys i bought a daiwa exceler trigger rod exc 601mfb 17lbs and 6" by the internet on Brazil, and before i check on the daiwa webpage to consult about this rod. I learned the action is fast but it´s not what i checked. It seems to me a moderate fast action because the curve is not in the 1/3 part but in 2/3. Does anyone know this rod? I usually fish snooks and jacks with jigheads and plugs on the northest of Brazil so, i think this action not apropriate to this kind of fishing. Do you think it is apropriate? Is a good rod? I did not test it yet.
Sorry about the english. I hope you guys understand what i need.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa exceler trigger exc601mfb action is not fast

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:36 pm

"Fast" actions, and especially "X Fast" actions are hard to replicate in a couple of scenarios, both which you have here. Lighter powered rods, and cheaper rods.
When you flex a lighter powered rod, it's pretty hard for the 'tip' to flex and not the backbone. You need an incredible quality of graphite to give crispness and backbone to a lighter powered rod in order to have a true fast action. That brings in the next problem for you. While I am sure it is a fine rod, you can't expect the Exceler to be a crisp, responsive and true fast action medium rod at it's price point, JMHO.
I am no gear elitist, more of a middle of the road guy, but at this level, you definitely get what you pay for.
Also, I doubt many guys here will have experience with this rod, unless they work in a tackle shop that stocks them.
Sounds like it might be a good moving bait rod for treble hook baits...

Filipe Vidal
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Daiwa exceler trigger exc601mfb action is not fast

Post by Filipe Vidal » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:38 pm

I agree with you BucketHunter, it´s a cheap rod, i tested it last saturday with jighead and treble hook lures and it´s good with not heavy jigheads and great with treble hook. Indeed it has a nice casting. But when i compare with my fast 17 lb berkley lightning rod i just presume that the daiwa has not a fast action. Maybe the difference be the type of lure for the rod that is made for, as you say. The Daiwa, fast action as they say, but more flexible, thinner blank, is for treble hook, and the Berkley, really fast action, hard blank, is made for jigs.
But both rods im6 carbon fiber, 17lb and fast action. But Daiwa has thinner blank, more flexible.
You helped me a lot.