Tip of the cap

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Tip of the cap

Post by mark poulson » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:00 am

Since the original Z reels are now on sale at half price, I bought 3. I am cheap.
The first two came yesterday, and this morning I did what I do with every new reel I buy, I opened one up to add a drop of oil and some gear grease, and to set the centrifugal brakes.
I've found, through sad experience, that most reels, no matter the brand or manuf., need this, because, either they aren't well lubed by the factory, or else they have sat too long and the lubrication has somehow been lost. In a few cases they are over-oiled/lubed, and need to be cleaned and relubed.
But when I opened up the Z reel, I found that it was already so well oiled and greased that I didn't have to do anything at all.
That is a big deal, at least to me, and shows they care about their product.
I opened the second reel, to set the brakes, and added a drop of oil to the two spool bushings that were exposed when I set the brakes. I didn't even feel the need to open the second reel's handle side to check it.
I have one more reel due in Tuesday, and I'll only do the brakes and spool bushings on that one, too.
So thank you 13 Fishing for a job well done.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tip of the cap

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 am

Thanks for noticing.

looks like you got a killer deal.

Matt
13 Fishing