Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
eagleriver1_fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

Post by eagleriver1_fish » Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm

It is interesting to see the NRX haters chiming in on how the new NRX should be built.

Can anyone tell me of a $500+ rod that has sold more rods than the NRX?

Every component (blank, guides, taper,...) makes it an NRX. I'm not suggesting improvements can't be made, but they need to meet the needs of the thousands of NRX owners before those who hate it.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 am

eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm

can u show me the numbers that prove the NRX is the best selling $500+ rod?

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:25 am

I certainly don't hate anything about nrx other than the build quality :D
Philippians 4:6

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 am

Chode wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 am
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

Well, we are on the most popular tackle forum online, participating in a topic about a yet to be released rod and we are on the ninth page. That probably speaks a little bit about the NRX’s popularity.

I don’t have any older NRXs, but will probably get one of the new models and I am sure it will be great.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 am

rando wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 am
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

Well, we are on the most popular tackle forum online
can u show me the numbers that prove we're on the most popular tackle forum online? :lol: j/k

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

freelancer27 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:38 pm
I am wondering how they will deal with the Warranty program. Assuming that the old (now current) NRX will no longer be produced, I am assuming that one can pay the fee and get an 'old' NRX replaced with the new NRX plus?!
I’m no Loomis rep, but they have some of the best customer service out there. They would swap it with a new model when the old model runs out. They even replaced MBR NRX rods with Conquest when they stopped making them. Xpeditor is an awesome program.

eagleriver1_fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eagleriver1_fish » Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am

Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

I think you just answered my question..

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 07, 2021 8:13 am

eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 am
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

lol huh?!?! i answered what question

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:59 am

Interesting questions and not sure how relevant..? G Loomis had revenues in excess of $45M last year and 243 employees. St Croix on the other hand had revenues in excess of $60M ($69M) and employs 358 folks. It would indeed be interesting to see where either of these US manufactures sales numbers fell on the $$ chart in what sells the best. I’m just hopeful that these two still keep moving forward and innovating their products so we can enjoy the experience. I’m really impressed with the new approach St Croix seems to be taking with the advent of the new Victory models. The “blending” materials method sure resulted in an outstanding rod especially in its price point. I am fairly sure that Loomis is going to impress with its new NRX series. At least I hope so.

eagleriver1_fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eagleriver1_fish » Fri May 07, 2021 10:11 am

Chode wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:13 am
eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

I ask a simple question and rather than answer it you had to come back with a question. If you knew a brand that had been more successful you would have said it. If you don't know than that is okay, don't respond or just say no.

To your question I don't have conclusive proof that it has sold more than any other in that price range which is why I asked the question, rather than make a statement that it has been the best selling rod.

With that said I think it would be very hard to say the NRX brand has not been extremely successful for G. Loomis/Shimano. It has remained unchanged for over 10 years and it is still hard to find a used model for under $400. It has been and continues to be the standard by which most high end rods are compared in terms of sensitivity. Yes, I know sensitivity is only one component and often not the most important to many people, but many individuals really appreciate great sensitivity. While not statistically significant I don't know any other high end ($550 +) brand that has more users. Yes, if you go down a bit in price (excluding latest Xtreme) St. Croix's Legend Elite/X/Xtreme series have been very successful as have some other brands.

It is a little ironic that you responded to my note the way you did. I wasn't directing the "haters" comment at any one specifically, but you seemed to take exception to it. I've seen a number of your posts and I think it is safe to say you aren't a big fan of Loomis. I currently own rods from 13 different manufactures so I am certainly not a fanboy of any one brand. I'm not a big fan of the Loomis MBRs especially for the price, but that is just my preference. I'm not going to say they need to make a bunch of changes so it is more like Megabass (my preferred mbr brand), because I know a lot of people love the Loomis MBRs and they sell a ton of them.

We all have different preferences and those can change over time. I for one appreciate the NRX JWRs for very specific applications, but I also love that we have so many different choices. I too have opinions on what could be improved (they are minor), but there are often trade offs (ie weight vs balance). Some of my favorite Megabass lines have long been discontinued and I'd hate to have something like that happen with the NRX. Given how well the NRX has been received by many over the years, I'm not sure a total overhaul will be an improvement across all areas, but like many others I hope it is.
Last edited by eagleriver1_fish on Fri May 07, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 07, 2021 10:41 am

eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:11 am
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

The question in my original post. Questions are the sentences that end with this punctuation mark "?" . So can you tell me of a rod in the $500 price range that has outsold the NRX over the last 10+ years?
what?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm

eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:11 am
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Chode wrote:
eagleriver1_fish wrote:

I ask a simple question and rather than answer it you had to come back with a question. If you knew a brand that had been more successful you would have said it. If you don't know than that is okay, don't respond or just say no.

To your question I don't have conclusive proof that it has sold more than any other in that price range which is why I asked the question, rather than make a statement that it has been the best selling rod.

With that said I think it would be very hard to say the NRX brand has not been extremely successful for G. Loomis/Shimano. It has remained unchanged for over 10 years and it is still hard to find a used model for under $400. It has been and continues to be the standard by which most high end rods are compared in terms of sensitivity. Yes, I know sensitivity is only one component and often not the most important to many people, but many individuals really appreciate great sensitivity. While not statistically significant I don't know any other high end ($550 +) brand that has more users. Yes, if you go down a bit in price (excluding latest Xtreme) St. Croix's Legend Elite/X/Xtreme series have been very successful as have some other brands.

It is a little ironic that you responded to my note the way you did. I wasn't directing the "haters" comment at any one specifically, but you seemed to take exception to it. I've seen a number of your posts and I think it is safe to say you aren't a big fan of Loomis. I currently own rods from 13 different manufactures so I am certainly not a fanboy of any one brand. I'm not a big fan of the Loomis MBRs especially for the price, but that is just my preference. I'm not going to say they need to make a bunch of changes so it is more like Megabass (my preferred mbr brand), because I know a lot of people love the Loomis MBRs and they sell a ton of them.

We all have different preferences and those can change over time. I for one appreciate the NRX JWRs for very specific applications, but I also love that we have so many different choices. I too have opinions on what could be improved (they are minor), but there are often trade offs (ie weight vs balance). Some of my favorite Megabass lines have long been discontinued and I'd hate to have something like that happen with the NRX. Given how well the NRX has been received by many over the years, I'm not sure a total overhaul will be an improvement across all areas, but like many others I hope it is.
Are you mad?

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri May 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 pm

Most companies make their money in their Tatula/Curado area versus there Steez/Antares area. Their low to mid level make them the money. The high end is there to flex their muscles and create an "arms race" of sorts to compete with others on a technological level.

St Croix probably makes a lot more money on their Premier line than they will in the Legend Xtreme.

I enjoy a high-end product as much as the next person and look forward to innovation, regardless if I get the product or not. The competition between companies to continue to push the envelope keeps customers happy. The tickle down of the technology into lower end products really makes us happy.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Does anyone has any info on when the NRX/GLX gonna stop looking like a rod from 1994?