2022 Bantam rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

2022 Bantam rods

Post by Mike son » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:03 pm

Anyone own one of these rods? I looked into them in the past and searched on here but it seemed like they never garnered much interest. I picked up the 168L+ BFS center cut 2pc rod last week and got to use it this past Sunday. I was pretty impressed with the taper and sensitivity of the rod. Very light tip. Fished it side by side with an Ultima 1610L BFS and the sensitivity was not that far off in my opinion.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2022 Bantam rods

Post by PBP » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:16 pm

following, looking at 168 M myself, any experience?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:23 pm

Where exactly do these rod slot within the Shimano lineup? Between the Adrena and Glorious, or below the Adrena?

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:42 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:23 pm
Where exactly do these rod slot within the Shimano lineup? Between the Adrena and Glorious, or below the Adrena?
I don't know really how I'd rank them. They're only slightly more expensive than the Adrenas and cheaper than the Glorious. Bantams have Spiral X Core and X Power technology. Adrenas are Spiral X Core, Full Monocoque grip, and Nanopitch techs according to Shimano JP. I found this interesting regarding the 2pc model I picked up.
KAZUTO YAMAKI

●168L+-BFS/2

Why was the bait finesse rod finished with a two-piece center cut? In fact, two pieces have more design freedom than one, and the ideal taper can be achieved. Since the design is free, such as changing the type of carbon depending on the tip and the original, the taper is finished without difficulty. The reason why the length is set longer than before is that when there is a bite attacking a cover with a little distance, the slight difference makes it more tame. Plus, it uses a spiral X-core, so you can use the power to pull the fish off the cover. The difference in length is also advantageous in terms of gaining flight distance in the shad.
Bantam
https://fish.shimano.com/ja-JP/product/ ... loqai.html

Adrena
https://fish.shimano.com/ja-JP/product/ ... 2xqac.html

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:59 pm

My favorite part of the Bantam marketing is promoting the cork as part of the rod that tells your battle stories from use. I have been trying to get away from cork, but they make it sound like I should have an emotional connection to my old rods.

(Translated)

Bantam:

A cork grip with history.

A tackle that can be used for a long time and loved for a lifetime. One of the parts that embodies the basic philosophy of Bantam is the cork grip. Why does Shimano, which leads with the latest technology such as full carbon monocoque grip, dare to adopt cork for Bantam? This is because cork is a material that maintains sufficient performance for a long period of time, and the more you use it, the more “taste” it becomes. Scratches on carbon are just scratches, but scratches on cork and changes over time are textures. Bantam's cork grip is engraved with the history with you who walked together.
Now with that being said, Im buying a full monocoque Poison Ultima :lol:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:50 am

_diggy_ wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:59 pm
My favorite part of the Bantam marketing is promoting the cork as part of the rod that tells your battle stories from use. I have been trying to get away from cork, but they make it sound like I should have an emotional connection to my old rods.

(Translated)

Bantam:

A cork grip with history.

A tackle that can be used for a long time and loved for a lifetime. One of the parts that embodies the basic philosophy of Bantam is the cork grip. Why does Shimano, which leads with the latest technology such as full carbon monocoque grip, dare to adopt cork for Bantam? This is because cork is a material that maintains sufficient performance for a long period of time, and the more you use it, the more “taste” it becomes. Scratches on carbon are just scratches, but scratches on cork and changes over time are textures. Bantam's cork grip is engraved with the history with you who walked together.
Now with that being said, Im buying a full monocoque Poison Ultima :lol:
:big grin: =D>

What a creative sales pitch. They couldn't just say cork 'looks and feels great'....they took it to another level 8-)

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 pm

Mike son wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:03 pm
Anyone own one of these rods? I looked into them in the past and searched on here but it seemed like they never garnered much interest. I picked up the 168L+ BFS center cut 2pc rod last week and got to use it this past Sunday. I was pretty impressed with the taper and sensitivity of the rod. Very light tip. Fished it side by side with an Ultima 1610L BFS and the sensitivity was not that far off in my opinion.
I grabbed a 168L+BFS myself not too long ago. Curious, what reel do you have on it? I have tried a couple but not quite sure they feel right. Thanks!

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:30 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 pm
Mike son wrote:
I grabbed a 168L+BFS myself not too long ago. Curious, what reel do you have on it? I have tried a couple but not quite sure they feel right. Thanks!
'22 Aldebaran BFS. Let me know what you think of the rod once you fish it, I think you'll really like it. I got it out with it again Wednesday for about an hour and continue to be impressed with it.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Mike son wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:30 am
i_am_R2 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 pm
Mike son wrote:
'22 Aldebaran BFS. Let me know what you think of the rod once you fish it, I think you'll really like it. I got it out with it again Wednesday for about an hour and continue to be impressed with it.
Thanks and will do! So far in hand it feels pretty awesome and very lively. Can't wait to try it out.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PBP » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:37 pm

Anyone tried 168 M by any chance? Would like to know what the action is like for jerkabaits?