Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

Post by clemsondds » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:01 am

Just curious how many have preordered a p5. And if so, which model?
I put mine in for a oneten special
Which model are you looking forward to?

Dink Whisperer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

Post by Dink Whisperer » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:11 pm

I pre-ordered the Jungle seven, BMG and the FMJ. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on them!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:50 am

i have not but i eagerly await to hear about the jungle seven
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:30 am

Dink Whisperer wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:11 pm
I pre-ordered the Jungle seven, BMG and the FMJ. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on them!
I have all 3 and I have been very pleased with the versatility of the 3 of them. I think you will be happy with them all.

Dink Whisperer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dink Whisperer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:47 am

M Perry wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:30 am
Dink Whisperer wrote:
I have all 3 and I have been very pleased with the versatility of the 3 of them. I think you will be happy with them all.
How do you have them already?? Any chance you could give me a review on the jungle 7? I'm skeptical that it's a true punching stick. Especially here in FL in the mats I fish.
I've also been looking for a good T-rig/jig rod so that's why I ordered both the BMG and the FMJ. I'll probably keep whichever one has more power.

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:22 am

M Perry wrote:
Dink Whisperer wrote:
Yeh I would like to know a little more about what you think of them. Have you tried the oneten?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:46 pm

Dink Whisperer wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:47 am
M Perry wrote:
Dink Whisperer wrote:
How do you have them already?? Any chance you could give me a review on the jungle 7? I'm skeptical that it's a true punching stick. Especially here in FL in the mats I fish.
I've also been looking for a good T-rig/jig rod so that's why I ordered both the BMG and the FMJ. I'll probably keep whichever one has more power.
I work for MB and got them back in early fall. Still putting them through their paces. I will post more detailed thoughts but just a quick note on each.....the FMJ has excelled with Texas rig and jigs for me. The rod just has that "special" feel to it. It feels very light in hand but brings all the power you want. My first fish on it was a 6lber around some moderate cover and it helped me stick and land the fish with ease. I tend to pitch a 3/8- 1/2ozT rig or jig quite a bit in and around light to heavy cover. I expect to have multiple of this rod in the boat at all times. I love casting it. Loads up well on cast also. Don't think its just a bottom presentation rod or one trick pony. It is versatile as you expect with MB rods. I have thrown frogs and magnum sized topwaters on it and it handled just fine.

The BMG has been used for football jigs, flutter spoons, 6" Magdrafts, pitching/flipping and light punching. It does it all very well. I love it as a frog rod too. It will for sure be my Big Gabot rod as well as most full sized frogs or around thicker cover. The length is great. Balances well and again feels light in hand. Not clunky at all. Will probably C rig with it a bit soon.

The Jungle Seven I have done some punching with and I really like it. It has the flex I like and while it has all the power in the world it is not as rigid as a broomstick by any means. I kinda lean towards liking a punching rod to have some flex. I have also thrown some hard and soft swimbaits on it including the 8" Magdraft. I am fishing a tournament in a couple of weeks and will be punching quite a bit. I will report back on it afterwards.

I have handled all the other models but these 3 are the ones I have used the most. All 3 stay in the boat as I am using them every chance I get right now.

Dink Whisperer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dink Whisperer » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:45 am

Man you are living the dream working for Megabass! It sounds like these new rods offer the versatility that I was looking for. I always loved the original FMJ but always wished it was a couple inches longer and now it is.
I am also considering the Mark 56 after the Tackle Tour review. One of my favorite rods of all time right now is the Destroyer Blackjack for swim baits.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to come give your first hand insight on these rods! Everyday I look forward to seeing that email icon pop up saying that mine have shipped. I look forward to hearing more from you after your tournament. Thanks again

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 am

M Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:46 pm
Dink Whisperer wrote:
M Perry wrote:
Dink Whisperer wrote:
I work for MB and got them back in early fall. Still putting them through their paces. I will post more detailed thoughts but just a quick note on each.....the FMJ has excelled with Texas rig and jigs for me. The rod just has that "special" feel to it. It feels very light in hand but brings all the power you want. My first fish on it was a 6lber around some moderate cover and it helped me stick and land the fish with ease. I tend to pitch a 3/8- 1/2ozT rig or jig quite a bit in and around light to heavy cover. I expect to have multiple of this rod in the boat at all times. I love casting it. Loads up well on cast also. Don't think its just a bottom presentation rod or one trick pony. It is versatile as you expect with MB rods. I have thrown frogs and magnum sized topwaters on it and it handled just fine.

The BMG has been used for football jigs, flutter spoons, 6" Magdrafts, pitching/flipping and light punching. It does it all very well. I love it as a frog rod too. It will for sure be my Big Gabot rod as well as most full sized frogs or around thicker cover. The length is great. Balances well and again feels light in hand. Not clunky at all. Will probably C rig with it a bit soon.

The Jungle Seven I have done some punching with and I really like it. It has the flex I like and while it has all the power in the world it is not as rigid as a broomstick by any means. I kinda lean towards liking a punching rod to have some flex. I have also thrown some hard and soft swimbaits on it including the 8" Magdraft. I am fishing a tournament in a couple of weeks and will be punching quite a bit. I will report back on it afterwards.

I have handled all the other models but these 3 are the ones I have used the most. All 3 stay in the boat as I am using them every chance I get right now.
Where can I apply for an internship with you. 😂
Awesome job man. I knew they existed
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:45 am

Dink Whisperer wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:45 am
Man you are living the dream working for Megabass! It sounds like these new rods offer the versatility that I was looking for. I always loved the original FMJ but always wished it was a couple inches longer and now it is.
I am also considering the Mark 56 after the Tackle Tour review. One of my favorite rods of all time right now is the Destroyer Blackjack for swim baits.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to come give your first hand insight on these rods! Everyday I look forward to seeing that email icon pop up saying that mine have shipped. I look forward to hearing more from you after your tournament. Thanks again
I feel same as you about the added length of the new FMJ. I really like that addition.

It's hard to really give my true thoughts as it will sound extremely biased and I know a lot of people feel like they have to take comments from someone associated with a company with a grain of salt. I get that and I respect that.
That being said therevare times no matter the brand that you pick up.a rod for the first time and you just know there is something special about it. That was my experience with the new FMJ. It just has "it" or at least the "it" I like.
I fish a lot of water that is known for big fish and usually a fair amount of cover. I tend to be more of a shallow water power fishermen but I am also pretty versatile. I live for a frog bite.
So far the FMJ, BMG and Jungle Seven have exceeded my expectations thoroughly. I will keep fishing them hard and seeing how they respond.

I did get a quick weight on them on my scale. I added the weight of the Tequila Baccrac on same scale as a comparison.

Tequila Baccrac- 5.17oz
FMJ- 4.46oz
BMG-4.43oz
Jungle Seven- 5.56oz

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:15 pm

Fished the new Javelin yet Mr. Perry?

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:06 am

Just ordered a P5 FMJ thru the tackle trap. If you are wanting to order a new P5 reach out to Gary(Bronzefly). Looks like they will be coming in around the end of next week.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:15 am

fishonsc wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:06 am
Just ordered a P5 FMJ thru the tackle trap. If you are wanting to order a new P5 reach out to Gary(Bronzefly). Looks like they will be coming in around the end of next week.
Glad to hear the 'Trap is still in business \:D/

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:38 am

M Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:46 pm
Dink Whisperer wrote:
M Perry wrote:
Dink Whisperer wrote:

Killin me lol...now I preordered the fmj as well..sounds like it will put my nrx jwr rods to the test. Also curious if it might be a good buzzbait rod. thanks again for your feedback

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:46 am

Always giving great info thanks a ton Mark!